Monday, August 29, 2011

Jen's Lethal Watermelon Margaritas. Because it's Monday. And Irene's gone.


My sister is known for her cocktails. She recently made these margs for my niece's birthday party (for the adults.) I have to admit I'm not the biggest watermelon fan in the world but these were so fresh and clean I fell head over heels in love with them.

Mix up a batch and keep chilled in a carafe buried in a tub of ice for people to serve themselves.

Jen's Lethal Watermelon Margaritas
*It should be mentioned that my sister gave this recipe to me from memory while on her second margarita... Luckily with any cocktail recipe you can always shift things around to taste - or at the very least 'fix' it with sparkling water if it's too sweet or add Sprite or simple syrup if it's too tart/strong.

Ingredients:
2 cups fresh lime juice
2 cups pureed fresh (seedless) watermelon
1 cup orange liquor (Grand Marnier or Patron Orange Liqueur)
2 cups silver tequila
lime wedges for garnish

Directions:
Mix and keep chilled up to 4 hours ahead of serving. Serve over ice with lime wedges.


5 comments:

Natalie said...

Yum! We have a huge watermelon in the fridge that was just waiting for some tequila. Can't wait to try this recipe!

Michelle said...

Yum! This sounds refreshing as all get-out. Now if my watermelons would get with the program and grow, I'd be all set. ;)

Unknown said...

A perfect little cooler for a hot summer day!!

Unknown said...

Love it! LOL! We were just discussing this weekend how some people can make cocktails and some can't. It's a special talent! These look and sound delish!

lisa is cooking said...

Having watermelon in a cocktail is my favorite way to enjoy it. This looks perfect for a hot Labor Day weekend!