Saturday, November 28, 2009

Who else is tired of turkey?

This doesn't happen to me very often - in fact I'm not sure if it's ever happened - but I'm tired of eating. No worse - I'm tired of food. I couldn't even watch Food Network this morning.

I don't know what happened - I hosted Thanksgiving this year and had a great time doing it, but now I'm burnt out on thinking about food. It could have to do with the amount of red wine we went through post-meal. Okay I'm pretty sure it does, but still...

I'll post my menu in the next couple of days. The highlight should have been my chipotle sweet potato gratin with white cheddar, but I made the rookie mistake of subbing buttermilk for part of the heavy cream which held back its potential. So instead - the highlight was a wild rice stuffing with sausage and pine nuts. Hmmm - maybe I'm not over food. I think I could go for some of that right now...

Happy belated Thanksgiving!

No comments: